Covid-19 Closure FAQs
- Should employers continue sending contributions and remittance reports during this temporary closure of the Fund Office building?
Yes, employers remain contractually obligated to send contributions on time and in the correct amount. However, employers should continue making payment of their contributions in the same manner in which they were making payments pre-pandemic. Employers who are reporting by mail are also reminded they should only send your contribution checks and reporting forms to the following address:
Central Pension Fund
PO Box 418433
Boston MA 02241-8433
- Will I continue to receive my monthly benefit payments?
Yes, this is the Fund’s most essential function and was given the highest priority during our contingency planning.
- Will I be able to conduct any transactions by phone or FAX?
Generally, the answer is yes. Most of our employees who are working remotely now have telephone access and can receive FAXes. In addition, Department Managers and Senior Staff are in the office and working at their desks.
- What if I did not receive payment of my monthly benefit?
Any participant who did not receive their monthly benefit payment in a timely manner can call the Fund Office. However, before doing so please wait a reasonable period of time to allow your bank to credit a deposit or the Post Office to actually deliver your check. If you were receiving a payment by check, please wait until after the 15th of the month before contacting our office.
- What if I need to report the death of a participant or beneficiary?
You can call the Fund Office to notify us of the death of an active participant, retiree or beneficiary.
- Will I be able to change my direct deposit instructions?
Yes. In order to change your current instructions, however, you must first mail to the Fund Office a fully completed, updated Direct Deposit Authorization Agreement form, and if payments are to be deposited to a checking account, a voided check must be included with the mailed Authorization Agreement. Copies of voided checks will not be accepted, nor will forms sent by FAX.
- Will I be able to update my mailing address?
Yes. In order to do so, however, you must first complete a Change of Address form and mail it to the Fund Office
- Will I be able to change or update my beneficiary designation?
Yes. In order to do so, however, you must first complete and mail to the Fund Office a new Designation of Beneficiary form.
- Will I be able to request a benefit estimate or pension income verification?
Yes. Benefit estimate and pension verification requests should be made in writing and mailed to the Fund Office.
- If I have a question about the status of a pending application, can I call the Fund office?
Yes, but we prefer you write the office, as we will have limited capacity to answer calls. Please understand that we are operating remotely with a reduced staff, who will be doing the best they can to continue the processing of pending applications. However, there may be some slight delays. Therefore, we request that you refrain from calling or writing for a status report, unless you have an application that has been pending with the Fund office for more than 90 days.